If you’re thinking about getting veneers in Souderton, PA, you may be wondering how long your treatment will last. What’s the average lifespan for veneers? How can you keep them in great shape? Do you have to worry about stains? Read on to get all the answers you need in this blog from Indian Valley Dental.
Veneers Can Last 10-20 Years Or Longer With Proper Care
For most patients, a set of veneers will last between 10-20 years. This makes them a much more long-lasting alternative compared to alternatives like dental bonding, which usually lasts only about 10 years at most.
This is because veneers are made from tooth-like porcelain materials that are very strong and durable, and are attached to your teeth with powerful dental cement. Veneers are also completely impervious to stains. With a set of veneers, your smile will be strong, healthy, and beautiful for years to come.
How Do I Keep My Veneers In Good Shape?
The lifespan of your veneers primarily depends on how well you care for them. If you keep your mouth healthy, your veneers can easily last 20 years or more before they require replacement. If you want to make the most of your investment in cosmetic dentistry, here are a few steps you can take:
- Brush and floss regularly – Make sure you brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and spend at least two minutes brushing your teeth. Floss once a day to remove debris that can’t be eliminated with brushing alone, and consider using a fluoride mouthwash to strengthen your teeth too.
- Watch what you eat – You should avoid biting really crunchy and hard foods with your front teeth. Biting into ice, nuts, crusty bread, and other hard foods with your veneers can weaken them over time or even break them. You should also avoid eating too much sugar and maintain a generally healthy diet high in lean meats, healthy dairy, whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t chew non-food objects – Avoid chewing your fingernails, pens, or any other non-food object. Doing so can damage and weaken your veneers over time.
- Never use your teeth as tools – You should never tear open packages, rip tape, open bottles, or do any other similar things with your teeth. Using your teeth as tools can damage both your veneers and your natural teeth.
- See the dentist for six-month checkups – During your six-month checkups at Indian Valley Dental, our team will clean your teeth and your veneers. And during your oral exam, Dr. Spencer Grossman will check your veneers to make sure they're in great shape.
Interested In Veneers? Come To Indian Valley Dental For A Cosmetic Consultation!
At Indian Valley Dental, Dr. Grossman specializes in veneers and cosmetic dentistry in Indian Valley, PA. If you’re interested in transforming your smile with veneers, we’re here to help. Contact us online or give us a call at (215) 723-5531 to schedule your consultation. We’re always accepting new patients, so get started today.