If you’ve lost one or more teeth in Indian Valley, you may be wondering if it’s really worth replacing them. The answer is “yes!” It’s always a good idea to replace missing teeth. In fact, the sooner you get a replacement after losing a tooth, the better the outcome will be for your case.
In this blog from Indian Valley Dental, we’ll discuss some of the top reasons why tooth replacement is important, and we’ll also discuss your options for tooth replacement in Indian Valley.
Why Should I Replace My Missing Teeth?
Your teeth are essential for your oral health and your whole-body health, too. There are lots of good reasons that you should replace missing teeth. Here are just a few of them.
- Prevent oral health problems – Losing one or more teeth can cause lots of oral health problems. Your nearby teeth may move toward the empty socket, affecting your bite. You may have a higher risk of gum disease and cavities, and your jaw bone will begin to weaken over time. Replacing your tooth helps prevent all of these problems, and keeps your mouth healthy.
- Keep eating your favorite foods – You may have trouble eating your favorite foods if you’ve lost more than one or two teeth. Losing front teeth makes it hard to bite into crunchy foods like apples or carrots, and losing rear teeth means it’s more difficult to chew meat and other tough foods.
- Speak clearly once again – Teeth are essential for forming sounds and words. If you’ve lost some of your teeth, you may sound “slushy” or have a lisp when you speak. Replacing your missing teeth allows you to speak clearly and confidently.
- Feel proud of your appearance – Tooth loss can make you feel embarrassed or ashamed of your smile. But with a tooth replacement like a dental implant from Dr. Spencer Grossman, you’ll be able to feel happy and proud of how your teeth look when you smile, eat, speak, and laugh around others.
What Are My Options For Replacing Missing Teeth?
There are a few different ways you can replace missing teeth. Each one is a viable option, so it’s best to discuss your options with Dr. Grossmann at Indian Valley Dental. He can recommend the right procedure based on your oral health, your budget, and your personal preferences.
- Dentures – The two most common types of dentures are called “partial” and “full” dentures. Partial dentures replace just a few missing teeth. They use a plastic and metal framework that attaches to your healthy teeth, and holds one or more false teeth in place.
Full dentures are for patients that have already lost all of their teeth, or those that need to. A set of full dentures consists of a full set of false teeth in a gum-colored acrylic base. Full dentures can be used to replace the upper, lower, or both rows of teeth.
- Dental bridges – Dental bridges consist of dental crowns that attach to two healthy teeth. Between these teeth, a false tooth is suspended, “bridging” the gap in your smile. Dental bridges are affordable, minimally-invasive, and are usually covered by dental insurance. A dental Bridge is not removable, so they feel and function more like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants – A dental implant is a tiny piece of titanium that’s surgically implanted into your gums and jaw. This small, rod-shaped piece of metal functions as an artificial tooth root, and permanently bonds with your mouth. Once it’s healed, it can a variety of different dental restorations. A single crown may be used to replace one missing tooth, or multiple dental implants can be used to support a dental bridge or even a full mouth of implant-supported dentures.
Get Your Smile Back – Contact Indian Valley Dental For An Appointment
If you’ve lost one or more teeth in Indian Valley, don’t wait. The sooner you replace your missing teeth, the sooner you can get back to your normal, day-to-day routine, and feel proud of your smile once again. To get started, just contact Indian Valley Dental online, or give us a call at (215) 398-6074.